Million Dollar Pound Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This incredible pound cake is one in a million. That's why we call it our Million Dollar Pound Cake! Made from a few basic ingredients you probably always have on hand, this pound cake recipe surely takes the cake!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange Glaze
- Makes about 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled Million Dollar Pound Cake, or almost any cool or room temperature cake or cookies.
- This is a nice, moist pound cake, so it's great served as-is, but you can serve it with just about anything! Some of our favorites include, fresh fruit, whipped cream and ice cream. A steamy mug of our Italian coffee goes perfectly with a slice!
- Add a whole new flavor, or look, to your Million Dollar Pound Cake by trying a different kind of glaze. Click here to learn how to make glaze and for more glaze recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bring a little taste of the South to your kitchen with our recipe for Catfish 'n' Slaw. We coated U.S. farm-raised catfish in a flavor-packed island seasoning before pan-frying it and finishing it off with a homemade tropical coleslaw. One bite of this dish and you'll be saying, "Let's make some more, ya'll!"