Million Dollar Pound Cake
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 40 Min
What You'll Need:
1 pound butter, softened
3 cups sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes about 1/2 cup
cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; gradually add sugar, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Gradually add flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour and mixing well after each addition. Mix in almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled Million Dollar Pound Cake, or almost any cool or room temperature cake or cookies.
- This is a nice, moist pound cake, so it's great served as-is, but you can serve it with just about anything! Some of our favorites include, fresh fruit, whipped cream and ice cream. A steamy mug of our Italian coffee goes perfectly with a slice!
This recipe is from Mr. Food T.V. Favorites. For more information about this book and other recipes like this, click here.
03 03 15