We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cookie connoisseurs will light up when you put out a plate of these Almond Florentines. These Italian cookies are named after the city they came from (Florence!) and feature your favorite fruity flavors!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot or seedless raspberry preserves or jam (about 1 cup), melted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 10" x 15" cookie sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and allow it to overhang the edges; coat the foil with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt until well blended.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread with the melted preserves. Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until the edges are golden but not brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then gently slide the foil from the cookie sheet onto a flat surface. When the jam is firm enough to allow easy cutting, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips, then cut into 2-inch long cookies.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.