We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The South is certainly known for many things, and pecans are near the top of that list. Toss a generous dose of them into this rich cake batter and you're gonna get one of the best cakes our Test Kitchen has ever created.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup crushed cinnamon-flavored graham crackers (see Option)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed of an electric beater until creamy. Gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour, cracker crumbs, and orange juice; beat at low speed until blended. Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans then pour batter into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cake will not rise to top of pan.) Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove cake from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled cake, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecan halves.
Cinnamon-flavored graham crackers enrich this cake with homespun flavor, but don't worry if you don't have the cinnamon variety; just use the plain ones and stir 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in with the flour.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?