Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 35 Min
Who doesn't love the irresistible combo of chocolate and peanut butter? Our Test Kitchen has created what is sure to be your go-to chocolate candy recipe. Once you make our Homemade Peanut Butter Cups, you'll never buy store-bought again.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (11-1/2-ounce) package milk chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening, divided
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
What To Do:
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Allow to cool slightly; mixture should still be pourable.
- Starting halfway up each paper cup, spoon about 2 teaspoons mixture over inside of cups, completely covering bottom half of each cup. Chill cups about 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and butter; mix well. (Mixture will be dry.) Spoon evenly into chocolate cups and press down firmly.
- Place remaining chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Spoon equal amounts into cups, spreading to completely cover peanut butter mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or until firm.
If you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter as much as we do, you'll also love our Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie and our Peanut Butter Cup Parfaits.
- Want even more of our favorite peanut butter recipes? Check out our collection Peanut Butter Recipes: Our Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take a day off from your ordinary dinner routine to make this extraordinary Layered Italian Crescent Ring. It's as easy as layering some of your favorite Italian sub ingredients and wrapping them up in a cozy crescent dough blanket. The whole family is going to love this one!
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle
- Coconut Strawberries
- Homemade Cracker Candy
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Tiger Butter
- Fudge Balls
- Sea Salt Cashew Turtles
- Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts
- Potato Chip Fudge
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 8 Homemade Fudge Recipes