Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 dozen
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
- READY IN
- 5 Min
What You'll Need:
- 1 (11-1/2-ounce) package milk chocolate chips, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening, divided
- 1 1/2
cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
What To Do:
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Allow to cool slightly; mixture should still be pourable.
- Starting halfway up each paper cup, spoon about 2 teaspoons mixture over inside of cups, completely covering bottom half of each cup. Chill cups about 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, and butter; mix well. (Mixture will be dry.) Spoon evenly into chocolate cups and press down firmly.
- Place remaining chocolate chips and shortening in saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring just until mixture is smooth. Spoon equal amounts into cups, spreading to completely cover peanut butter mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours, or until firm.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 17 14