Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Sea Salt Cashew Turtles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're craving something sweet and salty, then these Sea Salt Cashew Turtles are calling your name. This homemade candy is so delicious and easy to make, people will think you bought it from a candy store!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 to 1 pound cashews
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (12-ounce) package milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
What To Do:
Cover 2 baking sheets with wax paper and coat with cooking spray. Arrange cashews into 24 groups on the baking sheets.
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with cream 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Immediately spoon caramel mixture over each nut group while still hot; reheat if caramel gets too thick.
- In another small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with shortening 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle chocolate over caramel-covered nuts, evenly sprinkle with sea salt, and let stand until firm.
This will work with any type of nuts, so substitute your favorite and enjoy the contrasts of chewy and crunchy!
- Love the idea of treating your family and friends to your homemade candy creations? Why not also try our Buckeyes?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Coconut Strawberries
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Homemade Cracker Candy
- Potato Chip Fudge
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Tiger Butter
- Turtle Fudge
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts