Apple Glazed Chicken
After reading this recipe name are you thinking, "Apple Glazed Chicken, are you kidding?" We kid you not. These flavors really complement each other and treat your mouth to a taste sensation that you'll fall in love with.
What You'll Need:
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 red apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges (see Note)
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken into the seasoned flour, coating completely.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken in batches for 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the apple jelly, lemon juice, and cinnamon; mix well then stir in the apples. Add entire mixture to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add reserved cooked chicken to skillet and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and the sauce has glazed the chicken, turning it halfway through cooking. Serve chicken topped with apples and any glaze remaining in the skillet.
I like to use Cortland apples for their particular color and taste, but any apples you have on hand will work. And if you prefer, you can peel them first.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 11 13