What You'll Need:
1 (7-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing, finely crushed
1 (0.7 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
1 teaspoon rubbed sage
2 eggs, well beaten
1 chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray
- In a shallow dish, combine stuffing crumbs, Italian dressing mix, and sage; set aside.
- In another shallow dish, whisk eggs. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then dip in the egg. Roll chicken in crumb mixture until evenly coated on all sides, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
For flavor variations, add these ingredients to the stuffing crumbs:
- Asian: 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- Cajun: 2 teaspoons paprika, 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Italian: 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
06 05 14