Chicken Tortilla Cake
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Want to get the family to the dinner table in a hurry? Just tell them they're having cake for dinner...Chicken Tortilla Cake! Hey, it looks like a cake, and it'll be just as popular!
What You'll Need:
cup vegetable oil
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
teaspoon hot pepper sauce
teaspoon dry fajita seasoning
- 2 1/2
cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend
- 6 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 1/2
tablespoons butter, melted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat (or to 375 degrees F. in an electric skillet). Fry tortillas one at a time for 10 to 15 seconds, or until golden. Drain well on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, hot sauce, and fajita seasoning; mix well.
- Place 1 tortilla on prepared baking sheet then spread 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded chicken, 3/4 cup cheese, and 1 chopped scallion. Place a tortilla on top and repeat layers 4 more times, ending with a plain tortilla on top. Reserve remaining sour cream mixture.
- Brush tops and sides of tortillas with melted butter then cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and place on a serving plate. Spread top tortilla with remaining sour cream mixture and top with remaining chopped scallion.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
04 16 14
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the Test Kitchen made this, everyone in the office went nuts over it. We were all blown away at how creamy and to-die-for this Danish is. The best part is how easy it is to make. So dont wait another second to try our Homemade Cheese Danish...its that good!