Chicken a la King
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chicken a la King is a classic recipe that has stood the test of time. Our easy version of this saucy chicken favorite goes from prep to your table in under 30 minutes.
What You'll Need:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
- Saute chicken 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove chicken from skillet; drain and set aside.
- Add remaining 6 tablespoons butter, the flour, salt, and black pepper to skillet, whisking constantly until butter melts. Slowly add chicken broth and cream, and bring to a boil, whisking until smooth and thickened.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, return chicken to skillet, and add remaining ingredients. Simmer until heated through, stirring constantly.
Like this chicken recipe? Then you'll love our collection of 14 Tasty Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a pasta dish that doesn't need a beacon to attract attention. Our Lighthouse Tortellini Salad is fresh, easy, and perfect for warm weather picnics by the sea (or lake!). We just love how all the ingredients come together to make it taste so creamy and flavorful.