Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing shouts down-home southern cooking more than some Extra Crispy Fried Chicken. This classic chicken recipe is sure to be a family favorite.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine milk and egg; mix well. Add chicken, coating completely. In another large bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Remove chicken from milk mixture then place in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Carefully place chicken in oil and cook 20 to 22 minutes, or until coating is brown and chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
Many fast food restaurants add MSG to their fried chicken. Since many people are sensitive to MSG, our homemade version doesn't use it, and we think our fried chicken is every bit as crispy and fresh-tasting. For more fried chicken recipes like this one, check out our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 9 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
Be sure to check out our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes to complete the meal!
- Wanna find out how Chris MacDonald got into Elvis, his music and what foods the King loved? Watch Howard’s interview with Chris here!
- Watch Chris MacDonald serenade Patty and Kelly in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen and get “All Shook Up!”
- If you're looking to get a little Jailhouse Rock in your life, then check out "The Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist," Chris MacDonald. Catch him performing at a theater near you!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!