We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you've had a hectic day on the farm or at another job, you're in for a hearty meal at sunset with this stew.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped, divided
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained
- Peel of 1 lemon, finely grated
What To Do:
In a 6-quart soup pot over high heat, heat olive oil . Add chicken, onions, and 6 chopped garlic cloves. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, zucchini, red peppers, 1/4 cup parsley, the basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Cover and cook 10 minutes, then add potatoes, lemon, remaining garlic cloves and remaining parsley. Stir until thoroughly mixed, then cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes are warmed through. Serve immediately.
Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.