Kickin' BBQ Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 24 Min
- READY IN
- 29 Min
Wanna know what one of our favorite secret ingredients is? Well, it's gotta be cola! And this easy chicken dinner recipe doesn't just use cola. No, we use a fruity cola, like Dr. Pepper, to get a sweet glaze for the grill. If you're looking for the perfect chicken recipe for your summer barbecue, then give our Kickin' BBQ Chicken recipe a try!
What You'll Need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup spicy, fruity cola (such as Dr. Pepper)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (see note)
- 6 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
What To Do:
- Spray cold grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees).
- Combine ketchup and next 8 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Reserve 1/2 cup barbecue sauce for Cowboy BBQ Chicken Pizza or Loaded BBQ Baked Potato Casserole, if desired. Brush 1/2 cup barbecue sauce over chicken. Grill chicken, covered, 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done, basting with barbecue sauce after first 5 minutes. Serve grilled chicken with remaining barbecue sauce.
The sauce on this chicken really packs some heat! If your palate is sensitive, reduce the ground red pepper to tame the flames.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.