Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Head south of the border tonight for dinner with our Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas. This dish is loaded with authentic Mexican flavor and you don't even have to leave your house!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine enchilada sauce, cocoa powder, chili powder, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, chipotle pepper, and 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture. Spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, distributing evenly; roll up.
- Pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange enchiladas over sauce, seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and go-alongs!
- Finish off this meal with a dessert that complements it. Put out our Creamy Spanish Flan and listen to all the raves!
- We've got even more tortilla recipes we know you'll love. Check out our collection of 18 Crazy Ways with Tortillas.
- If you're looking for more Mexican dinner recipes, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: 16 of the Best Mexican Casseroles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Is there a "secret ingredient" in your favorite meatloaf recipe? There is in ours! Our Secret Ingredient Meatloaf calls for one shortcut ingredient that doesn't just make life easier, but it makes the meatloaf so moist and flavorful, too! Aren't you glad we've let you in on our little secret?