Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
What You'll Need:
2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 cups shredded cooked chicken
3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely chopped
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine enchilada sauce, cocoa powder, chili powder, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, chipotle pepper, and 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture. Spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, distributing evenly; roll up.
- Pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of prepared baking dish. Arrange enchiladas over sauce, seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 20 14