Country Chicken and Waffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This southern-style classic combo is a hearty and fun weeknight meal. Our Country Chicken and Waffles recipe cooks up quickly with that down-home taste that will stick to your ribs.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 frozen waffles
- 3 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms and saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook until wine has evaporated. Add heavy cream, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Toast waffles and place on a serving plate. Top with warmed chicken, then spoon mushroom gravy over top. Serve immediately.
Just add a side of our Butter Glazed Carrots and your meal is complete!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!