Very Ritzy Italian Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we've got company over, we like to impress them by serving up a meal that looks like we pulled out all the stops. Our Very Ritzy Italian Chicken is dressed up with a creamy sauce before being served atop a bed of spinach fettuccine, making it a fancy looking dish that's actually very easy!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package spinach fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, place bread crumbs. In another shallow dish, beat egg.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Dip chicken into egg, then into bread crumbs, coating completely. Saute chicken 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning occasionally. Top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese and continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix together heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, red pepper, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until mixture is hot and thickened. Serve chicken and sauce over warm fettuccine.
- Very Ritzy Italian Chicken is fancy, yet simple, making it a great recipe for company. It'd go great with a before-dinner dip recipe.
- If you have extra Mozzarella cheese slices left over, then throw them on top of this Deep Dish Pizza Casserole or this 30 minute Baked Ziti.
- How about finishing off this elegant meal with an equally elegant Italian dessert? We suggest you serve up our beautiful Dreamy Tiramisu for loads of raves!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.