Secret Ingredient Iced Tea
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 25 Min
Ever wondered why the iced tea served at restaurants always seems to taste crisper and more flavorful than your homemade version? Well, there's a simple secret to how that happens, and we're sharing it in our recipe for Secret Ingredient Iced Tea.
What You'll Need:
- 10 cups water, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (See Note)
- 7 tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Stir in baking soda and tea bags; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add remaining water and the lemon slices. Pour into large pitcher and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until chilled.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice and garnish with mint, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.