Secret Ingredient Iced Tea
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever wonder why the iced tea at a restaurant always seems to taste crisper and more flavorful than your version at home? Well, there is a simple secret to how that happens, and we're sharing it in our recipe for Secret Ingredient Iced Tea.
What You'll Need:
- 10 cups water, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (See Note)
- 7 tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in baking soda and tea bags; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add remaining water and the lemon slices. Pour into large pitcher and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until chilled.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses and garnish with mint, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a homemade dessert, but don't feel like baking? Then our recipe for No-Bake Lemonade Cheesecakes is right up your alley! In less than 10 minutes you can whip up this 5-ingredient dessert recipe that'll have you dreaming of breezy blue skies and fields of fresh berries.