Chocolate Potato Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 4-1/2 dozen cookies
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Mashed potatoes in cookies?! Unbelievable?! Sshhh, let's keep the secret to these can't-get-enough-of-'em Chocolate Potato Cookies until everybody tastes 'em!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup unseasoned mashed potatoes, at room temperature (see Note)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate fudge frosting
- 1/4 cup nonpareil candies
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and almond extract, mixing well. Add melted chocolate and mashed potatoes, beating until smooth.
In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to brown sugar mixture, stirring until smooth. Mix in nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until cookies spring back when touched lightly with a finger. Remove cookies from oven and wait 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool slightly. Frost warm cookies and sprinkle with nonpareils.
Use only real mashed potatoes in this recipe.
Wanna try another cookie recipe with a secret ingredient? Then try our Chocolate Mint Surprise Cookies!
- Plus, we've got cookies galore in our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Cupid's Love Pies are a great way to share the love with friends and family, especially when they're made with lots of love. Bake these heart-shaped hand pies, filled with creamy chocolate hazelnut and strawberry jam, and get ready to receive lots of hugs and kisses!
- Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Grandma's Spice Cookies
- Triangle Hat Cookies
- Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate-Dipped Almond Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Walnut Wedges
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- Cake Mix Cookies