Orange Poppy Seed Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 1/2 - 4 dozen
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
We fancied up our favorite sugar cookie recipe with bright-tasting orange extract and a sprinkling of poppy seeds. The gang won't mind one bit, trust us!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with electric beater. Add egg, vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth. Stir in poppy seed and orange extract. Stir in flour and knead lightly until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half, then wrap each half in waxed paper to form a cylinder about 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Flatten sides of wrapped dough to form a rectangular shape.
- Refrigerate dough until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices and arrange on greased cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets while still slightly warm.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Magic Microwave Cookies
- 10 Easy Cookie Bar Recipes
- No-Bake Cookie Clusters
- How to Make Cake Cookies: 16 Recipes for Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies II: More Festive Christmas Cookie Recipes You'll Love
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
- Famous Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Zucchini Chip Cookies
- Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes