After School Cupcakes
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
You'll make the grade when you whip out these filled cupcakes for an after school snack. At first they look like traditional cupcakes, but once you bite into the creamy center, you'll know these are anything but traditional!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16-ounce) container cream cheese frosting
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spoon the prepared batter equally into 24 muffin cups that have been lined with paper baking cups, filling each cup three-quarters full.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and egg until fluffy. Stir in the butterscotch chips and walnuts until well mixed. Spoon a heaping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of the batter in each cup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the cupcakes comes out clean. Allow to cool completely, then frost with the cream cheese frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 07 14