We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Drink in the compliments when you use buttermilk, yes, buttermilk to make a homemade Buttermilk Coleslaw that'll rival any deli-style version from the market. Try it and become a believer!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (10-ounce) packages finely shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
What To Do:
- Combine cabbage and carrot in a large bowl.
- Whisk together sugar and remaining 7 ingredients until blended; toss with vegetables. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- This makes a big batch of coleslaw, and leftovers will keep a couple of days in the fridge. If you don't' need such a large amount, you can easily cut the recipe in half.
- Complete the meal by making some of our Honey Garlic Drumsticks!
- And check out some of our other crunchy and refreshing coleslaw recipes, like Apple Bacon Coleslaw and Chopstick Coleslaw.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Bacon Ranch Coleslaw
- Basic Macaroni Salad
- How to Make Macaroni Salad: 10 Simple Macaroni Salad Recipes
- 56 Divine Deli Salad Recipes
- All-In-One Chicken Potato Salad
- Country Coleslaw
- Captain's Coleslaw
- Southern Slaw
- Old Fashioned Coleslaw
- How to Make Chicken Salad: 15 of Our Best Chicken Salad Recipes