Decadent Banana Split Slices
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This awesome homemade ice cream novelty is always ready to serve, lickity split. Packing all the tastes of a banana split in an easy-to-slice loaf, Decadent Banana Split Slices are perfectly portioned to keep on hand to reach for one by one!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 quarts chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cherries
- 3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- Hot fudge to garnish
- Whipped cream to garnish
What To Do:
Line a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
In a large bowl, combine ice cream, walnuts, cherries, and bananas; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan, pressing down to mold to pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Invert ice cream onto cutting board and remove plastic wrap. Cut into 9 slices and wrap individually. Keep frozen until ready to serve, then unwrap and top with hot fudge and whipped cream.
- Feel free to make a lighter version by using frozen yogurt or a lighter ice cream. Same goes for the toppings!
- Most of us just love our ice cream, so here's another great way to serve it that your group is sure to go bananas for -- Banana Split Bombe!
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've ever been to a Southern buffet or a church dinner, then you've probably already experienced the deliciousness of fluff. Fruity, fluffy, creamy, and just a bit crunchy, our Potluck Pistachio Fluff is one dish that doesn't stick around for long. That's 'cause folks will gobble it up so fast, you'll think it disappeared!