Ice Cream Garden
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What better way to showcase the spring season than by making your own Ice Cream Garden? This ice cream recipe is great for kids too! They'll love making their own gumdrop flowers, and then gobbling them all up afterwards!
What You'll Need:
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 drops green food color
- Assorted small and medium gumdrop
- Spearmint leaf
- Toothpicks or lollipop sticks
What To Do:
- Line a 9" x 5" loaf pan with aluminum foil, allowing a 1-inch overhang. Place 6 ladyfingers on the bottom of the pan. Trim the tops of the remaining ladyfingers so that each has a point (shaped like the top of a picket fence). Line the inside of the pan with the ladyfingers, pointed side up (about 6 on each 9-inch side and 3 on each 5-inch side).
- Spoon the softened ice cream into the pan, cover, and freeze for 4 hours, or until firm.
- Place the coconut and food color into a resealable plastic storage bag; close and knead the bag until the coconut is evenly colored green; set aside.
- Cut 2 to 3 gumdrops in half with kitchen shears or a knife then flatten and press together to form a flower. Stick a toothpick up through the gumdrop petals and center of the flower; to make leaves, cut the spearmint leaves in half and press onto the toothpick. Repeat to make additional flowers.
- Just before serving, lift the garden out of the pan, remove the foil, and place the garden on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the coconut grass, insert the gumdrop flowers, and serve.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of Wilton Enterprises.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!