Family-Style Ice Cream Trifle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When your family comes over to celebrate an extra special occasion, what are you gonna serve for dessert? How about our Family-Style Ice Cream Trifle? This easy dessert recipe combines all your favorite ice cream flavors over layers of sweet, comforting pound cake. The best part? Our family-sized dessert is ready in a flash, and so big that everyone will get to indulge! This fantastic no-bake dessert recipe is exactly what your family needs when it comes to having fun in the summer sun.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10.75-ounce) frozen pound cake, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 3 (1.5-quart) containers assorted ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1 (11.75-ounce) jar strawberry ice cream topping
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
What to Do
- In a large serving bowl, place half of the pound cake chunks. Scoop half of the ice cream and place over the pound cake. (This is when you can get creative by mixing and matching the flavors and colors, so have a ball). Drizzle with half of the strawberry topping and whipped topping. Repeat the layers one more time.
- Top with dollops of whipped topping and garnish with fresh strawberries and blueberries. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Since July is National Ice Cream Month now is a great time to stock up on all of your favorite flavors while they are at some of the best prices of the season.
- Not party is complete without our Crazy Good Ice Cream Cake. And you'll love our Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes and our Candy Bar Milkshakes for personal-sized treat options.
- For a frozen dessert you'll love to indulge in, try our Frozen Caramel Pizookie!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.