We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Every scoop of our refreshing watermelon ice is like a taste of summer. This easy-to-make chilled dessert is a cross between old-fashioned ices and sherbet, and beats store-bought by a mile!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red food color
- 8 cups seedless watermelon chunks (about a 6-pound watermelon)
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, sugar, and honey to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in lemon juice and food color. Place half the watermelon chunks and half the cooled syrup in a blender jar and puree until smooth. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish and repeat the process with the remaining watermelon and syrup, adding all the pureed mixture to the baking dish. Cover and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or until frozen 1 inch around the edges.
- Stir well to mix up the ice crystals then cover and freeze for 4 to 6 more hours, or until completely frozen. Using an ice cream scoop, scrape the ice into mounds, and serve.
Before mixture freezes, stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips to look like watermelon seeds.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Roll up your sleeves and get those napkins ready, 'cause these deliciously juicy burgers are sure to leave a mess. Once you sink your teeth into our inside-out take on a cheeseburger you'll understand why we call these our Five Napkin Burgers. So what are you waiting for? Let's get messy!