Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Dried Fruit Compote
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that you could make such a tasty snack out of dried fruit? Our simple fruit recipe for Dried Fruit Compote makes for a healthy, sweet snack the next time you're looking for something to munch on. One of the reasons we love it so much? It tastes good whether you leave it warm or you let it cool! Just grab a spoon and start diggin' in.
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds mixed dried fruit such as prunes, apricots, apples, and figs
- 1 lemon, washed, cut into quarters, seeds removed
- 3 cups orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
What To Do:
- Combine all the ingredients in a soup pot; mix well. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until the fruit is very tender.
- Serve warm or allow to cool, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Country Fruit Stand Salad
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- 34 Easy Apple Recipes
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad
- Summer Ambrosia
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Pie
- Fresh Fruit Shell Salad
- Plantation Fruit Salad