Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Spiced Breakfast Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 25 Min
- COOK TIME
- 22 Min
- READY IN
- 47 Min
Yes, you read that right. We like to call these breakfast apples because even though this apple recipe works just as well for dessert, we think it's even tastier first thing in the morning. Just grab a few spares from your latest apple picking excursion, and get ready for an apple recipe to remember.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced (see note)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sauté 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
Serve these sliced apples alongside your favorite breakfast dish. To cut your prep time, use presliced Granny Smith apples. They're usually located next to the whole apples in the produce section. You'll need about 3 packages to equal 5 large apples.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.
- Country Fruit Stand Salad
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- 34 Easy Apple Recipes
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Pie
- Summer Ambrosia
- Five Star Apple Tart
- Fresh Fruit Shell Salad