Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
Hawaiian Watermelon Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Serve our tropical Hawaiian Watermelon Salad in split fresh coconut shells for a presentation no one will forget. We bet your guests will get the urge to dance the hula!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 bananas
- 1 small papaya
- Juice from 4 fresh limes
- 3 cups seedless watermelon balls or small squares
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup freshly grated or unsweetened coconut
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla flavored yogurt
- 1/3 cup papaya seeds
What To Do:
- Place macadamia nuts in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse a couple times just to chop them into large pieces. Place them in a nonstick heavy saute pan and toast over medium heat just until they turn golden, stirring constantly. Remove them to a heat-proof dish or bowl and allow them to cool.
- Peel and cut the bananas and papaya flesh into small chunks and toss them in lime juice. Place banana and papaya chunks in a large glass bowl with watermelon, pineapple, and coconut. In another bowl, mix together yogurt and papaya seeds. Pour over fruit and coconut. Toss to combine.
- Place in a serving bowl or coconut shells. Sprinkle toasted macadamia nuts over the top and serve immediately.
Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Save the scrambling for the eggs 'cause this easy breakfast recipe comes together in just about a minute! Our scrumptious Breakfast Bowl Scramble is a super simple microwave recipe that's packed with protein, to help keep you sharp all morning long!
- 34 Easy Apple Recipes
- Mojito Fruit Salad
- Country Fruit Stand Salad
- Can't-Miss Peach Recipes: 20 Easy Recipes with Peaches
- Pasta Fruit Salad
- Watermelon Pie
- Watermelon: Enjoy It All Year Long - 30 Easy Watermelon Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Fabulous Fruit Salad Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes for Fruit Salad
- Star Spangled Parfaits
- Farm Stand Fruit Dip