Easter Egg Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Anyone who loves Amish-style whoopie pies is going to go wild over these for Easter! Imagine putting these yummy colorful mini Easter Egg Cream Sandwiches displayed in a basket or tray on your dessert table. Or maybe even bring 'em along as an awesome edible gift.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) white cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 drop each red, yellow, and green food color
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat well. Divide batter into 3 separate bowls, then add a different food color to each bowl to make pastel red, yellow, and green cake batter; mix well. Drop tablespoons of batter onto baking sheets in an oval shape.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and flour; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it forms a thick paste. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together sugar and shortening until fluffy; stir in vanilla then cooled flour mixture, and beat until doubled in volume. Turn half the cooled cakes over on their backs; spoon each with a dollop of filling. Cover with remaining cakes, forming sandwiches.
Why not get the family involved in decorating a batch of our Hoppy Easter Egg Cookies?!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.