"Hole y" Christmas Tree
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Out of creative ideas this holiday season? How about a Christmas tree...made of doughnuts? It's a crazy idea, but we think it works!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 100 glazed donut holes
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- On a large serving plate, form a ring with 14 donut holes. Fill center of ring with additional donut holes. Drizzle each donut hole on plate with sugar mixture to hold them together. Be careful when working with sugar glaze: It is very hot!
- Form a ring of 12 donut holes on top of first ring, then fill center with additional donut holes; drizzle with sugar glaze. Continue building smaller rings, using all but one of the donut holes.
- Finish the "tree" by topping with a final donut hole. Allow to set before serving.
Tip: If the sugar glaze becomes too thick, just reheat it until it's pourable again. Feel free to decorate the Christmas tree with assorted candies and top it off with a big colorful ribbon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- Death by Chocolate
- Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Babka
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Layered Desserts: Top 30 Layered Cakes, Trifles, Pies and More
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- 60 Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays
- Cherry Sour Cream Tortes
- Vanilla Butter Frosting