"Hole y" Christmas Tree
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Out of creative ideas this holiday season? How about a Christmas tree...made of doughnuts? It's a crazy idea, but we think it works!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 100 glazed donut holes
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- On a large serving plate, form a ring with 14 donut holes. Fill center of ring with additional donut holes. Drizzle each donut hole on plate with sugar mixture to hold them together. Be careful when working with sugar glaze: It is very hot!
- Form a ring of 12 donut holes on top of first ring, then fill center with additional donut holes; drizzle with sugar glaze. Continue building smaller rings, using all but one of the donut holes.
- Finish the "tree" by topping with a final donut hole. Allow to set before serving.
Tip: If the sugar glaze becomes too thick, just reheat it until it's pourable again. Feel free to decorate the Christmas tree with assorted candies and top it off with a big colorful ribbon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Triple Chocolate Mess
- Buttercream Frosting
- 37 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- Mighty Marshmallow Crescent Puffs
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Fluffy Pudding Frosting
- No Bake Desserts: 18 Easy Dessert Recipes from Mr. Food Free eCookbook
- Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix
- Sour Cream Frosting
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts