Pumpkin Doughnut Holes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Versatile canned pumpkin is the secret to loads of favorite autumn and holiday recipes like our to-die-for Pumpkin Doughnut Holes. These easy fritter-like treats cook up fast in a skillet. They're awesome served warm, topped with confectioners sugar.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except confectioners' sugar; mix well.
- Drop pumpkin batter by level tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry 2 minutes or until golden, turning at least once. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter. Roll doughnut holes in confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
We're thinking that mugs of hot caramel apple cider would be the perfect go-along for these tasty morsels!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- No-Bake Desserts Free eCookbook
- 60 Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays
- Buttercream Frosting
- Whipped Cream Desserts: 35 Whipping Cream Recipes
- Potluck Pistachio Fluff
- 44 Extraordinary Make-Ahead Desserts
- Death by Chocolate
- Top 10 Peppermint Recipes
- Candy Bar Brownie Trifle
- Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix