Jolly French Toast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
Our Jolly French Toast Bake will leave you feeling as jolly as everyone else in the morning. With a festive taste, and very little fuss, you can enjoy spending time with your gang instead of being stuck in the kitchen.
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 8 slices
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13- inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread slices in a single layer in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over bread slices. Cover and chill 30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Try this simple maple vanilla syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup maple syrup, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract over low heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Serve warm over the French toast.
- If you liked this Jolly French Toast Bake, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
- Plus, if you love this French toast casserole, be sure to check out more breakfast bakes in our collection of Simple Brunch Recipes: 19 Breakfast Casseroles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!