American Pasta Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is ready to eat right away, but if you can store it covered in the refrigerator overnight. Wait 'til you taste it then! Makes a great snack, lunch, or dinner - it's just fine anytime.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound pasta (shells or twists)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 or 5 scallion, finely chopped
What To Do:
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drain and rinse pasta and add to the mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
- Add the chopped eggs, mozzarella cheese, red pepper, and scallions Mix just until combined. Serve immediately, or cover and chill for several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
Makes 6 to 8 side-dish servings.
Add some diced salami or pepperoni and the salad becomes a whole meal in itself. For flavor variations, add 1/2 teaspoon dillweed or basil.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Kitchen Sink Pie was inspired by the famous "Kitchen Sink" ice cream dessert from Jaxon's Ice Cream Parlor in Florida. Like the original, it's got everything but the kitchen sink, including an ice cream cone crust, piles of ice cream, and all sorts of sundae toppings!