American Pasta Salad
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
This is ready to eat right away, but if you can store it covered in the refrigerator overnight. Wait 'til you taste it then! Makes a great snack, lunch, or dinner - it's just fine anytime.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound pasta (shells or twists)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
cup grated Parmesan cheese
cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon black pepper
teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 or 5 scallion, finely chopped
What To Do:
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drain and rinse pasta and add to the mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
- Add the chopped eggs, mozzarella cheese, red pepper, and scallions Mix just until combined. Serve immediately, or cover and chill for several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
Makes 6 to 8 side-dish servings.
Add some diced salami or pepperoni and the salad becomes a whole meal in itself. For flavor variations, add 1/2 teaspoon dillweed or basil.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
09 06 13