Better than Ever Lo Mein
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They say we eat with our eyes first, then our mouths. If that's so, then this colorful Asian dish will sure fill you up...twice!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound vermicelli or spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons peanut oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and garlic.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining peanut oil over medium-high heat and add scallions and red pepper; saute 1 to 2 minutes, then add pasta to skillet and stir-fry.
- Pour sauce mixture into skillet; toss well and cook until heated through and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve immediately.
- What a great way to use up those extra bits of different fresh vegetables (you know, like broccoli, onions, pea pods, and beans)! Just cut them up and toss them in with the red pepper.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!