Better than Ever Lo Mein
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
They say we eat with our eyes first, then our mouths. If that's so, then this colorful Asian dish will sure fill you up...twice!
What You'll Need:
pound vermicelli or spaghetti
3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
teaspoon ground ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 scallions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
cup diced red bell pepper
What To Do:
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons peanut oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and garlic.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining peanut oil over medium-high heat and add scallions and red pepper; saute 1 to 2 minutes, then add pasta to skillet and stir-fry.
- Pour sauce mixture into skillet; toss well and cook until heated through and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve immediately.
- What a great way to use up those extra bits of different fresh vegetables (you know, like broccoli, onions, pea pods, and beans)! Just cut them up and toss them in with the red pepper.
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
06 20 14