Worth the Wait Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Homemade Italian-style lasagna takes a little extra effort, but one taste of our Worth the Wait Lasagna will prove that this one is definitely a main dish pasta bake worth waiting for.
What You'll Need:
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (28-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until no pink remains, stirring to break up sausage as it cooks. Drain off excess liquid and set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly. Add 3 cups mozzarella cheese, the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, the egg, basil, and pepper; mix well.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of baking dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce. Spread one-third of sausage mixture over noodles. Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce over sausage mixture. Place 3 more noodles over the top and press down lightly. Repeat with 2 more layers of sausage mixture, sauce, and noodles. Spoon remaining sauce over top and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top; return to oven 5 more minutes, or until cheese has melted. Allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Top this with some fresh basil before serving for an extra burst of fresh flavor.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One way to get the whole family rushin' to the dinner table is to serve up plates of these cheesy-stuffed meatballs and saucy pasta. Our recipes for Mozzarella Meatballs and Ziti even features a special ingredient that adds a little extra dose of good-for-ya too!