Worth the Wait Lasagna
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 20 Min
What You'll Need:
12 lasagna noodles
1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage (see Tip)
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
cup grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon dried basil
teaspoon black pepper
2 (28-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook and drain lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until no pink remains, stirring to break up sausage as it cooks. Drain off excess liquid and set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly. Add 3 cups mozzarella cheese, the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, the egg, basil, and pepper; mix well.
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce. Sprinkle one-third of cheese mixture over noodles. Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce over cheese mixture. Place 3 more noodles over the top and press down lightly.
- Repeat with 2 more layers of cheese mixture, sauce, and noodles. Spoon remaining sauce over top and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil and sprinkle remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese over top; return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
- For the true meat lover, before baking, add an extra 1/4 pound cooked, crumbled sausage on top with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 19 Easy Lasagna Recipes.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 15 14