Praline Apple Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here, a homemade pecan-and-brown sugar topping spruces up a store-bought apple pie. Dessert has never been so easy-or delicious! You can dress up this apple pie, which comes in a foil pan, simply by placing it in a decorative pie plate!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3-pound, 1-ounce) frozen deep-dish apple pie
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove plastic wrap from pie. Open center hole; cut 4 to 6 slits in top crust. Place pie on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, shielding with aluminum foil after 1 hour. Cool 1 hour.
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and whipping cream to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat. Whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. Pour praline mixture slowly over pie, spreading to cover. Top with pecans.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This dessert is sure to create a lot of "buzz" with your gang! Our German Bee Sting cake is based on the traditional German "Bienenstich," which is basically a honey-glazed cake with a layer of creamy vanilla custard. One bite and you'll understand what makes this cake so buzz-worthy.