Coconut Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 Hr
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- READY IN
- 8 Hr
A favorite diner dessert is luscious Coconut Cream Pie. Why go out for it when you can make this scrumptious version so easily at home?
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Bake pie shell according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all remaining ingredients except whipped topping. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened.
- Pour into baked pie shell and chill at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Spread whipped topping over pie and serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle your pie with 1/4 cup toasted coconut to give it a nice golden-topped finished appearance.
- If you liked this recipe, we know you'll love our Coconut Cream Pie Trifle.
- Plus, find more of those cream pie recipes you crave with our collection of Top 5 Favorite Cream Pies.
- If you loved this homemade pie recipe, check out our free eCookbook, "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!