Coconut Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 Hr
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- READY IN
- 8 Hr
A favorite diner dessert is luscious Coconut Cream Pie. Why go out for it when you can make this scrumptious version so easily at home?
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Bake pie shell according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all remaining ingredients except whipped topping. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened.
- Pour into baked pie shell and chill at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Spread whipped topping over pie and serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle your pie with 1/4 cup toasted coconut to give it a nice golden-topped finished appearance.
- If you liked this coconut cream pie dessert recipe, we know you'll love our Coconut Cream Pie Trifle. Or you can check out our coconut recipe collection, Unforgettable Coconut Desserts: 33 Recipes with Coconut.
- Plus, find more of those cream pie recipes you crave with our collection of Top 5 Favorite Cream Pies.
- If you loved this homemade pie recipe, check out our free eCookbook, "Easy as Pie" Recipes: 40 Chocolate Pie Recipes, Fruit Pie Recipes & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!