Coconut Cream Pie
A favorite diner dessert is luscious Coconut Cream Pie. Why go out for it when you can make this scrumptious version so easily at home?
What You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
- Bake pie shell according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all remaining ingredients except whipped topping. Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened.
- Pour into baked pie shell and chill at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Spread whipped topping over pie and serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Sprinkle your pie with 1/4 cup toasted coconut to give it a nice golden-topped finished appearance.
If you liked this recipe, we know you'll love our Coconut Cream Pie Trifle.
Plus, find more of those cream pie recipes you crave with our collection of Top 5 Favorite Cream Pies.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
03 02 14