Upside Down Apple Pie
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 5 Min
- READY IN
- 1 Hr 5 Min
What You'll Need:
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted, divided
cup packed light brown sugar
cup chopped pecans
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated rolled pie crusts
1 cup granulated sugar
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon ground cinnamon
5 large Granny Smith or other firm apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray and line it with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons butter, the brown sugar, and pecans; mix well and spread evenly over bottom of pie plate. Unroll 1 pie crust and place it in pie plate, pressing crust firmly against nut mixture and sides of pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and remaining butter; mix well. Add apples and toss gently to coat. Spoon into pie crust.
- Unroll second pie crust and place over apple mixture. Trim and fold edges together to seal. Using a knife, cut four 1-inch slits in top crust.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until crust is golden (see Notes).
- Carefully loosen wax paper around rim and invert pie onto a serving plate while still hot. Remove wax paper and allow to cool slightly; slice into wedges and serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
- To make sure you don't have to do any oven cleanup, position a baking sheet on the bottom oven rack to catch any juices that may leak from the pie while it's baking.
- For more ideas on how to enjoy the abundance of apples available in our markets, click here.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 14 14
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe doesn't just make The Easiest Beef Stew Ever, it also makes the best beef stew ever. That's 'cause it's made in a slow cooker, which means all you have to do is pour in the stew meat, fresh veggies, and other yummies, and let it do its magic.