Backwoods Pork Chops with River Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We pour a river of gravy over these mouthwateringly juicy, fried pork chops to complete our recipe for Backwoods Pork Chops with River Gravy. Between the perfectly seasoned pork and the buttermilk-based gravy, we just can't decide what we like best!
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork chops
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Rub seasoning mixture evenly on both sides of pork chops.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon flour; set aside. Place remaining flour in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine buttermilk and cayenne pepper. Dip chops in buttermilk, then coat both sides in flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; add chops and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk reserved flour into milk, add remaining salt, and cook in skillet until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Serve immediately with chops.
Use your unused, leftover buttermilk for our creamy Buttermilk Garlic Mashed Potatoes as the perfect side dish.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!