Ham 'n' Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Apples are the perfect go-along for almost any pork dinner, especially a smoked ham. And in this dish that originated with the Pennsylvania Dutch, we get an extra treat 'cause the apples and pork are nestled in the same pot with puffy homemade dumplings. Believe it or not, the apple and pork combo is even better now!
What You'll Need:
- 8 cups water
- 1 (2 pounds) fully-cooked semi-boneless ham, cubed
- 2 (6 ounce each) packages dried apples
- 3 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 cup milk
What To Do:
- In an 8-quart soup pot, combine the water, ham, and apples over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the baking mix and milk just until moistened.
- Uncover the soup pot and carefully drop the batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into the soup pot, making 8 dumplings. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cover and cook for 18 to 20 more minutes, or until the dumplings are fluffy and doubled in size.
Dried apples can be found by the raisins, apricots, prunes, and other dried fruit in your supermarket.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Texas Two-Step Ribs
- 21 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- Cheesy Baked Pork Chops
- Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More
- Country Pork Chops
- Lip-Smackin' Carolina Ribs
- Melt in Your Mouth Pork Chops
- 15-Minute Glazed Pork Chops
- Backwoods Pork Chops with River Gravy