Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Garden Spanish Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spanish rice is a popular Mexican and southwestern USA dish that can be enjoyed as a main dish or a go-along. Our beefed up version of Garden Spanish Rice is sure to hit the spot when the gang comes home hungry.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, not drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients except the zucchini; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Add zucchini and continue cooking 10 additional minutes, or until rice is tender.
We're thinking that Tres Leches would be a sweet end to this Tex Mex-style meal. See what you think!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!