Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Simple Red Beans and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You know those meals that taste even better as leftovers? Well, we've got one of them for you right here with this Simple Red Beans and Rice recipe. You've gotta give this classic recipe a try!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Warm cooked rice
What To Do:
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and next 3 ingredients, and saut 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add beans and next 6 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over rice.
Leftovers are even better the next day, especially because you don't have to start from scratch! To reheat this one-dish meal, microwave at MEDIUM (50 percent power) 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!