Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Veggie Bacon Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After a long day of bringing home the bacon, enjoy this flavor-packed recipe for veggie bacon rice that turns an ordinary side dish into a main attraction. The bacon ups the taste ante and the veggies provide the health benefits!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped (see Option)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups long-or whole-grain rice, divided
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon browns. Stir in 1 cup rice and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the rice is golden and the bacon is crisp.
- Add the broth, the remaining 1 cup rice, and the peas and carrots; mix well. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
This dish is traditionally made with pancetta, which is from the same cut of meat used for bacon, but it's salted, not smoked. Any type of bacon will give this its rich flavor.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Save the scrambling for the eggs 'cause this easy breakfast recipe comes together in just about a minute! Our scrumptious Breakfast Bowl Scramble is a super simple microwave recipe that's packed with protein, to help keep you sharp all morning long!