Zippy Tartar Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Planning to serve up some fish 'n' chips for dinner? You better make sure you've got some tartar sauce handy! This recipe for homemade tartar sauce is so easy to make, you'll be making a batch every week, just to keep handy around the kitchen! Plus, feel free to use your favorite variety of sweet onion—or change it up each time to find the exact combination of ingredients you like best.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, and onion; mix well. Squeeze the lemon juice into the sauce, discarding any pits, and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to use.
Today we're really lucky to have a variety of sweet onions available, and any of them will work here- from Vidalias to Texas 1015s, Maui Mauis, and Walla Wallas. Or just use red onions if these aren't available.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!