Pushcart Onion Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pushcart Onion Sauce is an easy version of the traditional hot dog topping that's served up at New York City hot dog stands. Take your taste buds to the Big Apple with the very first bite!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut in half then into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 pinch Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash Dash of salt
- 1 cup water
What To Do:
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add onions and saute until golden and limp, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup then add cinnamon, chili powder, hot pepper sauce, and salt. Stir in water and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until mixture is heated through.
- This is really great spooned over cooked hot dogs, but try it with other foods, too, and watch how fast they disappear!
- And if you're looking for some more great baseball recipes, check out our collection of Top 14 Amazing Hot Dog Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You're gonna want to bring your appetite and a loaf of crusty bread to the table when you serve this Old-World Peasant Soup. This soup is full of fresh veggies, beans, and, for old-world flavor, some kielbasa. It's a hearty, fill-ya-up soup that's sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!