Mr. Food Monte Cristo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In honor of Mr. Food and his love of traditions, we combined his love of breaking bread with family and his favorite way to use Challah bread which was to make a grilled Monte Cristo sandwich. We know he'd be proud his legacy has carried on and if you listen closely enough, you can hear those four words we loved hearing him say so much... "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need:
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices egg bread (challah)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What To Do:
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
Equally divide the turkey, ham, and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
In a large skillet or on a griddle, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip two sandwiches, one at a time, in the egg mixture, coating completely. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until egg is golden and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed. Serve sandwiches immediately.
If desired, serve with powdered sugar.
- Click here to watch a heartfelt tribute to Mr. Food!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.