Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches is the closest authentic version you can get without taking a trip to the City of Brotherly Love! This traditional Philly Cheese Steak recipe is melt-in-your mouth delicious and takes just 10 minutes to make.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds beef top round, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz, melted
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, and saute 10 minutes. Add onions, and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until onions are tender. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover, and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet and sprinkle with black pepper; saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef. Return peppers and onions to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Place mixture over hoagie rolls, drizzle with melted cheese, and serve immediately.
- The easiest way to get thinly sliced beef top round is to ask the meat cutter at the supermarket to do it for you.
- If you enjoyed this Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich recipe, be sure to check out our Cheese Steak Casserole and Philly Cheese Steak Bake.
- For a fun twist on this popular cheesesteak recipe, try our Philly Cheese Salami Sandwiches!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.