Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches is the closest authentic version you can get without taking a trip to the City of Brotherly Love! This traditional Philly Cheese Steak recipe is melt-in-your mouth delicious and takes just 10 minutes to make.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds beef top round, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 cup Cheez Whiz, melted
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onions, and saute 6 to 8 minutes, or until onions are tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet and sprinkle with salt and black pepper; saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until no pink remains in beef. Transfer to a cutting board and cut steak into very thin strips, almost shaved.
- Place steak on hoagie rolls, top with onions and drizzle with melted cheese, serve immediately.
The easiest way to get thinly sliced beef top round is to ask the butcher at the supermarket to do it for you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.