Olympic Pub Steak Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In salute of the Summer Olympics in London, our Test Kitchen came up with a special recipe, popular at British Pubs worldwide. Whether for game-watching or anytime, our flavorful Olympic Pub Steak Sandwiches will earn you a gold medal in the kitchen!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
- 2 (8-ounce) strip steaks
- 2 crusty hoagie rolls, cut in half horizontally
What To Do:
In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, and garlic; mix well and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter; add onions and salt and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove to a dish and set aside.
- Press peppercorns into both sides of steaks. In the skillet or on a griddle pan, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium doneness. Slice steaks across the grain and distribute evenly on hoagie roll halves. Top with onions and blue cheese mixture; serve immediately.
We have another British-style favorite your family with love -- Potato Crusted Catfish and Chips will have them practically speaking with a British accent!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!