State Fair Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've ever been to a county or state fair, you know the incomparable smell of sausage, peppers, and onions on the grill. Want to relive those great smells and tastes right at home?
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage, cut into quarters
- 3 medium to large green or red bell peppers, cleaned, then sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 hoagie or submarine rolls, split open
What To Do:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Pour the oil into a disposable 9" x 13" aluminum pan. Place the sausage in the center of the pan. Place the peppers and onions over and around the sausage; cover the pan with aluminum foil and place the pan on the grill. Close the grill cover and grill for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Remove just the sausage from the pan and place it directly on the grill; cook it for 5 minutes on each side, to brown the outsides.
- Remove the sausage from the grill and place it on the rolls; top with the peppers and onions and serve immediately.
To add more color to your sandwiches, use a combination of red and green bell peppers.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!