Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Check out our lightened version of the classic appetizer, Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Bet you can't tell the difference!
What You'll Need:
2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
1 tablespoon butter
1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
cup light sour cream
cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
What To Do:
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave spinach on HIGH 3 minutes, or until wilted. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels, then chop.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add cream cheese and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until cream cheese melts. Fold in spinach, artichokes, sour cream, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese; stir until cheese melts.
- Transfer mixture to a 1-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve immediately with fresh pita wedges or baked pita chips.
Per 1/4-cup serving (not including dippers): calories 113 (53 percent from fat); fat 7g (sat 4.7g); protein 5.5g; carbohydrate 8.5g; fiber 2.4g; cholesterol 24mg; iron 1mg; sodium 340mg; calcium 1mg
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
07 24 12