Pepper Pot Soup
Two former presidents found this comforting recipe for Pepper Pot Soup to be one of their most requested soup recipes for their cooks to make. Yes, both George Washington and FDR enjoyed a bowl of this soup along with crusty bread for dunking.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds boneless beef bottom round roast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 cups water
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
cup frozen corn, thawed
What To Do:
- Place beef chunks, water, onions, bouillon cubes, and black pepper in a soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, or until beef is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, partially covered, for an additional 45 to 50 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 18 11